Since Sony released the Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4, console gaming now checks all points for comfort. You can now enjoy your gaming experience wirelessly across the room and connect up to 4 controllers for a single profile, which is fantastic for a gaming night! But before you get your gaming gear ready, you must know how to sync the PS4 controller to your console. Connecting a Dual Shock 4 controller to a PS4 is not challenging but slightly different from the previous models. However, it resembles the Dual Shock 3 pairing process for PS3 if you’re pairing a controller for the first time or can’t get it to connect to your PS4, worry not! The following article covers several ways to pair a PS4 controller to your console and PC.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PS4?
The first time you connect the PS4 controller to your console, it is a little tricky. You usually press the PS4 button on your Dual Shock 4 controller and power up the PlayStation. But if you haven’t paired your controller yet, you’ll have to do a little more than that.
To pair a controller to a PS4, you’ll need a USB cable with a Micro-B end. You get one cable with your PlayStation, but any other cable can connect your controller once you’ve found the suitable cable; here is how to sync the PS4 controller.
- Step 1: Plug the USB end of the cable into PS4 and the Micro-B end into the charging port of your controller.
- Step 2: Press the PS button on your controller to power up your PS4. You’ll hear the trademark beep as this happens.
- Step 3: Let the controller charge for about an hour.
- Step 4: Press the PS button once you’re in the main menu of your PS4. This should bring you to the profiles screen.
- Step 5: Create a profile for yourself while the controller charges or log in to an existing account.
- Step 6: After selecting a profile, your controller should change its color from Yellow (charging) to Blue (Player 1).
- Step 7: Disc disconnects the controller once fully charged (you can check it from the message on the screen).
Caution: If your controller fails to power up the PS4 in Step 2, you might use a faulty cable. In this case, you may use a good-quality cable, preferably the one with your PS4. Connecting a quality USB cable allows you to sync your PS4 controller.
How do you pair two or more dual Shock4 Controllers to PS4?
The real fun of PS4 begins with multiplayer gaming. And to accommodate all your friends within the screen, you can connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers. Pairing any controller other than your first will be even more straightforward.
Finished connecting your DualShock4 controller to PS4? Then glance at how to connect PS4 to Wifi and experience the live gaming world with friends!
You don’t require a USB cable to connect the PS4 controller if you already have a synced controller. Instead, you can connect them all wirelessly. Here is how to connect the PS4 controller wirelessly for an additional profile:
- Toggle up with your synced controller in the main menu of your PS4.
- Select “Settings” (Briefcase Icon) at the far right of the row and enter.
- Navigate to “Devices” from the settings menu.
- Select “Bluetooth Devices” from the screen to see the list of devices paired with your console.
- Turn on the controller you want to sync with PS4. Press and hold your controller’s “PS + Share” buttons for 3-5 seconds.
- After seeing your new controller appear in the “Bluetooth Devices” tab, select it with your synced controller and choose to pair.
Once you’ve successfully paired a controller with your PS4, you’ll notice the color on your controller change. PS4 allots four colors to connect players and profiles: player 1=Blue, Player 2= Red, Player 3= Green, and Player 4=Pink.
Does your PC lag or slow down while playing some of your favorite games? Learn how to connect PS4 to PC and laptop to experience smoother games and higher graphics.
Repeat the above process to connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers to your PS4 and wirelessly keep the action alive with your friends!
How to Connect PS4 Controller To PC?
The choice between console and PC gaming causes a rift in the gaming community. On the one hand, you have incredibly accurate and sensitive reactions on your PC’s mouse and keyboard. Conversely, you comfortably have the naturally fitting analogs on a Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4.
However loyal you are to the keyboard and mouse, nothing beats the experience of a DS4 controller in games like Uncharted IV and Final Fantasy VII. But if you want to enjoy the best of both worlds in gaming, you’ll be delighted to know you can connect a DS4 controller to your PC. Are you switching to a PC to play games because your PS4 is overheating? Read our article to find a quick fix for the problem and revive your old gaming experience on the PS4 console!
Connecting your PS4 Dual Shock controller to a PC is simple but requires installing software as a prerequisite. You can do this via Steam (a popular game launcher) or DS4Windows (Xbox 360 Software). Once you’ve installed either software on your PC, you can connect the PS4 controller to the PC in one of the following ways.
How to Sync PS4 Controller to PC Via Bluetooth
Here is how to sync the PS4 controller to the PC wirelessly:
- Step 1: Turn on your PS4 Dual Shock controller.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “PS + Share” buttons till you see the light flash on your controller.
- Step 3: Now open the Bluetooth Settings on your PC.
- Step 4: In the “Bluetooth and Other Devices” menu, you’ll now see your PS4 controller appearing in available devices.
- Step 5: Select your PS4 controller from the list and select “Pair“.
How to Sync PS4 Controller to PC Via USB Cable
You need a Micro-USB cable to pair the PS4 controller to a PC. If you’ve lost the original one that comes with the PlayStation, you can use the cable from any modern smartphone.
- Step 1: Connect the USB cable to your PC and the Micro-B end to the Controller.
- Step 2: Power up the controller by pressing the PS button.
- Step 3: Wait till the OS detects your controller.
You can play games on your PC with a Dual Shock 4 wireless controller!
How to Unpair a PS4 Controller?
Make sure the DS4 controller you want to disconnect is powered off, then proceed to the following steps:
- Step 1: Power up the PS4 using another controller.
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings from the main menu and open Bluetooth Devices from the Devices tab.
- Step 3: Select the controller you want to unpair and click Delete.
Do PS4 Controllers Work on PS2, PS3 & PS5?
You can pair the PS4 controller to your PS3, but the easier way is to connect it via a USB cable. However, you cannot wirelessly connect your PS4 Dual Shock controller to PS2.
Also, Sony reveals that you cannot Pair a PS4 controller with a PS5 as it is the same with older models. The older PlayStation controllers are not compatible with newer console releases.
How Much Is a PlayStation 4 Controller For?
The price of a PS4 controller depends mainly on your chosen color. A base model can cost as low as $25 in certain sales events. The more common price you’ll find for a PS4 Dual Shock controller is somewhere around $50. However, a customized controller’s prices depend on the seller you’re buying it from and the customization.