Console gaming now checks all points for comfort since Sony released the Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4. You can now enjoy your gaming experience wirelessly across the room and connect up to 4 controllers for a single profile, which is fantastic for a gaming night! But before you get your gaming gear ready, you need to know how to sync PS4 controller to your console.
It’s not challenging to connect a Dual Shock 4 controller to PS4, but it is slightly different than the previous models. It does, however, resemble the Dual Shock 3 pairing process for PS3.
If you’re pairing a controller for the first time or can’t get it to connect to your PS4, worry not! The following article covers a few different ways to pair PS4 controller to your console and PC.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PS4?
The first time you connect PS4 controller to your console is a little tricky. You usually press the PS4 button on your Dual Shock 4 controller and power up the PlayStation. But if you haven’t paired your controller yet, you’ll have to do a little more than that.
To pair a controller to PS4, you’ll need a USB-cable with a Micro-B end. You get one cable along with your PlayStation, but any other cable can work to connect your controller. Once you’ve found the suitable cable, here is how to sync PS4 controller.
- Step 1: Plug the USB end of the cable into PS4 and the Micro-B end into the charging port of your controller.
- Step 2: Press the PS button on your controller to power up your PS4. You’ll hear the trademark beep as this happens.
- Step 3: Let the controller charge for about an hour.
- Step 4: Press the PS button once you’re in the main menu of your PS4. This should bring you to the profiles screen.
- Step 5: Create a profile for yourself while the controller charges or login to an existing account.
- Step 6: After selecting a profile, your controller should change its color from Yellow (charging) to Blue (Player 1).
- Step 7: Once the controller is fully charged (you can check it from the message on the screen), disconnect it.
Caution: If your controller fails to power up the PS4 in Step 2, you might be using a faulty cable. In which case, you may want to use a good quality cable, preferably the one that comes along with your PS4. Connecting a quality USB cable allows you to sync your PS4 controller.
How to Pair Two or More Dual Shock4 Controllers to PS4?
The real fun of PS4 begins with multiplayer gaming. And to accommodate all your friends within the screen, you can connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers. Pairing any other controller than your first is going to be an even more straightforward task.
Finished connected your DualShock4 controller to PS4? Then have a quick glance at how to connect PS4 to Wifi and experience the live world of gaming with friends!
You don’t require a USB cable to connect PS4 controller if you already have a synced controller. Instead, you can connect them all wirelessly. Here is how to connect PS4 controller wirelessly for an additional profile:
- Step 1: Toggle up with your synced controller in the main menu of your PS4.
- Step 2: Select “Settings” (Briefcase Icon) at the far right of the row and enter.
- Step 3: Navigate to “Devices” from the settings menu.
- Step 4: Select “Bluetooth Devices” from the screen to see the list of devices paired with your console.
- Step 5: Turn on the controller you want to sync with PS4. Press and hold the “PS + Share” buttons on your controller for 3-5 seconds.
- Step 6: After seeing your new controller appear in the “Bluetooth Devices” tab, select it with your synced controller and choose to pair.
Once you’ve successfully paired a controller with your PS4, you’ll notice the color on your controller change. PS4 allots four different colors to connected players and profiles. Player 1=Blue, Player 2= Red, Player 3= Green, and Player 4=Pink.
Does your PC lag or slow down while playing some of your favorite games? Learn how to connect PS4 to PC and laptop to experience smoother games and higher graphics.
Repeat the above process to connect as many as four Dual Shock 4 controllers to your PS4 and keep the action alive with your friends wirelessly!
How to Connect PS4 Controller To PC?
The choice between console and PC gaming is what causes a rift in the gaming community. On the one hand, you have incredibly accurate and sensitive reactions on your PC’s mouse and keyboard. While on the other, you have the naturally fitting analogs with comfort on a Dual Shock 4 controller for PS4.
However loyal you are to the keyboard and mouse, nothing beats the experience of a DS4 controller in games like Uncharted IV and Final Fantasy VII. But if you want to enjoy the best of both worlds in gaming, you’ll be delighted to know you can connect a DS4 controller to your PC.
Are you switching to a PC for playing games because your PS4 is overheating? Read our article to find a quick fix for the problem and revive your old gaming experience on the PS4 console!
Connecting your PS4 Dual Shock controller to a PC is simple but requires installing software as a prerequisite. You can do this either via Steam (a popular game launcher) or DS4Windows (Xbox 360 Software). Once you’ve installed either of the two software on your PC, you can then connect PS4 controller to PC in one of the following ways.
Already have a Steam account but can’t download or install new games? Read our article to learn how to fix the Steam Disk Write Error.
How to Sync PS4 Controller to PC Via Bluetooth
Here is how to sync PS4 controller to PC wirelessly:
- Step 1: Turn on your PS4 Dual Shock controller.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “PS + Share” buttons till you see the light flash on your controller.
- Step 3: Now open the Bluetooth Settings on your PC.
- Step 4: In the “Bluetooth and Other Devices” menu, you’ll now see your PS4 controller appearing in available devices.
- Step 5: Select your PS4 controller from the list and select “Pair“.
How to Sync PS4 Controller to PC Via USB Cable
To pair the PS4 controller to PC, you need a Micro-USB cable. If you’ve lost the original one that comes with the PlayStation, you can use the cable from any modern smartphone.
- Step 1: Connect the USB cable to your PC and the Micro-B end to the Controller.
- Step 2: Power up the controller by pressing the PS button.
- Step 3: Wait till the OS detects your controller.
You’re now ready to play games on your PC with a Dual Shock 4 wireless controller!
How to Unpair a PS4 Controller?
Make sure the DS4 controller you want to disconnect is powered off, then proceed to the following steps:
- Step 1: Power up the PS4 using another controller.
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings from the main menu and open Bluetooth Devices from the Devices tab.
- Step 3: Select the controller you want to unpair and click Delete.
Do PS4 Controllers Work on PS2, PS3 & PS5?
You can pair PS4 controller to your PS3, but the easier way is to connect it via a USB cable. However, you cannot connect your PS4 Dual Shock controller to PS2 wirelessly.
Also, Sony reveals that you cannot Pair PS4 controller with PS5 as it is the same with older models. The older controllers of PlayStation are not compatible with newer console releases.
How Much Is a PlayStation 4 Controller For?
The price of a PS4 controller you buy depends mainly on the color you choose. A base model can cost as low as $25 in certain sales events. The more common price you’ll find for a PS4 Dual Shock controller is somewhere around $50. However, a customized controller’s prices depend on the seller you’re buying it from and the customization.